We have some elevated summertime favorites that use CBD or THC for any occasion this summer. Impress your friends with these new takes on classic gathering foods. Heavier foods are out and light, uplifting options are taking over for the next few months. We’ve put together 6 ways to elevate your summertime favorites with THC. We’ll also include a couple of variations to give you a few more ideas.
When we refer to a dose of THC oil, we’re referring to the standard 10mg dose. If you can access strain-specific THC oil, choose a strain that you are familiar with.
Our Best Elevated Summertime Favorites Just for You
Why not elevate summertime favorites your own way? You don’t need to be an experienced cannabis chef to make infused food right at home. These recipes and ideas are likely to turn up your creativity in the kitchen this summer.
Elevated Summertime Favorites: THC/CBD Oil Soaked Frozen Fruit Chunks
Cut some of your favorite summer fruits into chunks. Melon and berries are good options. Halved grapes would also be a good inclusion. Place them into a bowl and drizzle a dose per serving over the fruit. Toss the fruit and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Divide the fruit into servings and place each serving into a small freezer bag.
When the fruit is completely frozen, place the serving in a dish and top it with whipped topping.
- Layer the frozen fruit into a parfait
- Chill a glass of water or juice with the frozen fruit
- Blend the frozen fruit with sherbet to make a fun chilled frozen drink
- Add to the blender when making a milkshake
- Thaw and eat as is
- Cook down and make a sauce
- Add to ice cubes for fancy looking iced beverages
One of the benefits of combining THC/CBD and fruit is that the munchies that the fruit is sweet, so if you crave something sweet but need a little relaxation or medication, you’re satisfying both at once. Fruit is healthy, so you don’t have to feel guilty with this as a snack either.
Spike your Ice Cream Toppings
Ice cream is a favorite summertime treat, but why not make it more fun to eat? Medicate or get a little buzz while indulging with this simple recipe and variation suggestions.
If you’re a chocolate and mint lover, try adding some of the Canna Trading Co. Peppermint CBD Tincture to some of these recipes.
- 1 cup favorite chocolate chips or chopped
- A dropper of CBD or THC oil
- 2 teaspoons added to a tablespoon teaspoons coconut oil
Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals. When most of the chocolate is melted, mix in the THC or CBD oil, and add in the coconut oil. Drizzle over ice cream and watch it harden.
The reason this recipe calls for a teaspoon of THC or CBD oil is because this is a larger batch and is not intended to be used in a single serving. This recipe is at least 8 servings.
If you’d like to have flavored chocolate sauce, simply reduce the coconut oil by ½ teaspoon and add ½ teaspoon of your preferred extract (like mint, as an example).
- White chocolate with orange zest – tastes like a Creamsicle
- Cherry Limeade is easy to make. You’d use cherry-flavored melts and the zest of one lime
- Rootbeer float is fun to make. Use white chocolate chips and rootbeer extract (you may need a full teaspoon of the rootbeer extract)
- Peanut butter – just melt peanut butter and mix in the oils (use any nut butter for this option)
- Butterrum – Use butterscotch chips and rum extract
- White chocolate raspberry – white chocolate chips, raspberry extract and a tablespoon of fresh raspberry puree
- Espresso – Use the original recipe and add in a tablespoon of chilled coffee
Making your own candy shell for ice cream sundaes or dipped cones is fun. You can use more than one if you like a few different flavors, and always feel free to double dip your cones. Get creative and make some of your own variations.
Spiked Sherbet Shakes
Sherbet is so refreshing in the summer. Why not spike it while you’re sitting poolside with some friends?
- 4 scoops sherbet of your choice (feel free to mix flavors)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Serving of THC or CBD oil
- Fresh fruit to match sherbet flavors
All you need here is a blender. Put some of the coconut milk in the blender first. It helps get the sherbet mixing a little better. Add the fresh fruit of your choice and the THC or CBD oil. If it’s too thick, add a bit more coconut milk.
If you’re someone that enjoys blending alcohol and THC, feel free to add a shot of your favorite spirit here too.
CBD or THC-Infused Pasta Salads
Pasta salads are popular for gatherings in the summer. If you’re with a cannabis-friendly group, consider making a “medicated” pasta salad. Make sure to tell the group it contains THC or CBD oil first though. The Canna Trading Co. Olive Oil tincture is perfect for this recipe.
- 1 pound favorite pasta
- 1 dose of THC or CBD oil per 1-cup serving
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 5 grinds fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely diced pimentos
- 2 cups of your favorite raw vegetables chopped
- 15 bocconcini mozzarella balls halved
- ½ cup Kalamata or Spanish olives halved and pitted
Once the pasta is cooked to al dente, drained and cooled all you have to do is add all of the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix. This can be served at room temperature and can be left out for two hours for a dinner party.
THC or CBD Spiked BBQ Sauce
This one is pretty simple, but you’ll reduce the THC or CBD oil per dose since some may have more sauce than others. For this, you’ll use ½ dose per 2 tablespoon serving. Add the oil to your favorite BBQ sauce and fix it up with a few additional ingredients.
- Peach or passionfruit habanero BBQ with THC or CBD oil
- North Carolina style golden BBQ sauce with THC or CBD oil
*This barbecue sauce would be perfect with a little Canna Trading Co. Olive Oil CBD Tincture.
Simple BBQ sauce recipe:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon THC or CBD oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
Cook these ingredients down in a pan, and if it needs thickened, use a little bit of tomato paste until you reach your desired consistency.
THC or CBD Pudding Shots
This might make your weekend gatherings a little more fun. When you make these, you’ll only put 5mg THC or CBD in each shot because you and your friends are likely to have more than one.
- 2 boxes instant pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
- 5mg THC or CBD oil per shot
These are simple to make. Grab a package of disposable shot glasses, like you’d use for Jell-O shots. Mix up your pudding and fill the shot glasses ¾ of the way. Inject 5mg THC or CBD oil into the middle of each shot. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or make them more fun by freezing them.
Make sure you’re keeping an eye on consumption with these. Since they are more of a liquid base, they’re likely to kick in a little faster.
Add Canna Trading Co. Vanilla CBD Tincture to make them a little creamy tasting.
We hope you have fun with these elevated summertime favorites at gatherings and evenings by the pool with these simple recipes. Feel free to make substitutions or variations based upon your personal preferences or dietary needs. It is a good idea to also watch your portions as THC oil tends to take effect a little faster when it is not in a cooked form.